Search This Blog

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Lets Talk Healthcare!

Can you really be against an idea that you never heard? Would you accuse someone of being close-minded if you attempted to talk to them and they put their hands in the ears and started sing do re mi? That’s exactly what the republicans have done. And yes it’s childish. They have also convinced many Americans that we (those who are insured) will be paying additional money for those who aren’t insured. News Flash people, we already do. Do you realize that in 1993 USA spent 8% of our income on Healthcare fast forward to 2010, and its now 17%.




How many people lose their entire fortune, wealth and home, to battle a disease like cancer, how can the insurance company be allowed to say we have covered you up to now, and now that you are really sick, you are on your own. My health insurance is $9,000 per year for me and my 3 children. In 1999, it was $5,000 per year, so for the last 11 years I have paid $70,000 into an insurance system, and have only gotten check ups, blood work and 1 non serious surgery. The insurance company has made a big profit on me, because I didn’t use anywhere near the coverage that I paid for. This is not uncommon, so how can an insurance company say after making profits for 10 years, you are costing us too much money, and we must drop you now. We pay over 2.3 trillion a year into healthcare, but are ranked 37 in the world for aggregate results; we are spending more than any other country and have nothing to show for it. Healthcare needs to be fixed, and it needs to be fixed now. When I hear people say that the American people are against a bill that stops Pre-existing conditions, insurance companies capping your coverage, and preventing them from taking your home because you or your child has cancer, and then I must ask, did the American people listen to the question before answering? Medical bills have contributed to 62% of all bankruptcies filed in the US.



I as you can tell am for the bill; but I ask that if you are against it convince me otherwise. If you are for it, I implore you to get involved tell your representative that you are for and you are in their corner.

Please sign up to join the Organizing for America campaign in the final march for reform
http://my.barackobama.com/commit

No comments:

Post a Comment